Independence Aquatic Center
Independence Aquatic Center SeasonMay 26th- August 19th, 2018
Hours of Operation
Open Swim 12- 8pm
During Evening Group Swim Lessons Sessions (June 11-22 & July 9-20), the pool will close from 5:55- 6:35pm
Saturday & Sunday
Open Swim 12- 6pm
DAILY ADMISSION FEES:
All Swimmers $3.00
Non-Swimmers & Infants $1.00
No Refunds, even if the Aquatic Center Closed Early!!
We accept cash or check only, at this time, we are unable to accept credit or debit cards as payment. Thank you.
Attention Patrons & Visitors:
As of Tuesday, June 5th... Water wings without a chest band are not allowed in the Independence Aquatic Center. Due to safety concerns, we will ask you to remove them from your child. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
** Independence Aquatic Center Rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Independence Aquatic Center under the direction of the Independence Parks & Recreation Department and the City of Independence. **
Early Buy Discount!!!Season Passes to the Independence Aquatic Center may be purchased at the Falcon Civic Center from Monday, April 2nd- Friday, May 25th at a discount and at the Aquatic Center as of May 26th at regular rates. As of May 26th- all season passes need to be purchased at the Independence Aquatic Center during open hours. (Exception: Applications for scholarships to receive discounted rates on season passes will be handled at the Falcon Civic Center only.)
WITHIN CITY LIMITS RATE (determined by valid driver's license)
Family $95.00 (Early Buy) $105.00 ($ As of May 26th)
Single $65.00 (Early Buy) $70.00 ($ As of May 26th)
OUT OF CITY LIMITS RATE
Family $105.00 (Early Buy) $125.00 ($ As of May 26th)
Single $75.00 (Early Buy) $85.00 ($ As of May 26th)
Independence Aquatic Center Family Season Pass REQUIREMENTS:
1. Family Members defined as those claimed on your taxes & reside at the same address.
2. You may add 1 day-care provider/ babysitter to your family pool membership for an additional $10.00. (This needs to be an actual care-giver, not just a friend or Plus 1- Thanks!)
You are NOT allowed to add extended family members, friends, etc... who do not meet the requirements above on your family season pass.
Contact Information:Parks & Recreation Director:
Bob Beatty/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Parks & Recreation Director:
Brent Reck/ email@example.com
Program & Aquatics Coordinator:
Angie Kiler/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Address: Independence Aquatic Center
601 5th Avenue SE
Independence, Iowa 50644
Aquatic Center Closure InformationMay be obtained by calling the Aquatic Center @ 319-334-7464 or Parks & Recreation Department @ 319-334-6711. Information will also be posted here and on the Independence Parks & Recreation Department & Independence Aquatic Center Facebook Pages.
Aquatic Center Closure Policies- The Aquatic Center may CLOSE early for any one or more of the following reasons:
1. Air Temperature falls below 70 degrees and/ or less than 20 swimmers in the water for 2 hours.
2. Threatening weather in the area.
3. Scheduled special events, for example home swim meets.
Independence Aquatic Center RULES: (Please Read Carefully)
1. NO Diving in the shallow end of the swimming pool or in other areas marked "NO DIVING"
2. In order to jump off of the diving board and/ or go down the small green slide located in the deep end during open swim at the Aquatic Center, you must be able to demonstrate the ability to swim 25 meters without stopping while using proper American Crawl Stroke technique. If you would like to take the test, please stop by the First Aid Station at the pool and ask for a lifeguard.
3. NO Running on the deck. NO horseplay, including dunking, pushing, shoving, throwing, splashing, and horseback or shoulder rides allowed.
4. NO cell phone usage allowed in the locker rooms.
5. Children 7 years of age or under must be accompanied and under the watchful eye of an adult or responsible caregiver above the age of 14.
6. Everyone entering the Aquatic Center must pay the daily rate or have a season pass.
7. NO carry-in food, coolers, or drink allowed in the facility except for personal water bottles- with water.
8. Absolutely NO GLASS containers or any other type of glass allowed in the facility.
9. Shower before entering the pool.
10. Proper swim wear must be worn in the pool.
11. Infants and toddlers MUST wear swim pants/ diapers- NO disposable diapers. Swim diapers are sold at the concession stand.
12. Children may have palm-sized toys in the zero-depth only. Inflatable toys, flippers, water guns, throwing toys, and balls are NOT allowed inside the Aquatic Center Facility. We do allow parents to use floatables for their infants ONLY in the pool. Water wings without a chest band are not allowed in the Independence Aquatic Center. Due to safety concerns, we will ask you to remove them from your child. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
13. Family restroom is for immediate family members only.
14. The Independence Aquatic Center is a Smoke-Free & Tobacco-Free campus. NO one will be allowed to smoke (including vapes) while on pool property.
15. NO one will be allowed to talk to lifeguard, while on duty. Questions should be directed to the lifeguard in the First Aid Station.
16. Everyone must obey the established pool rules and any lifeguard's interpretation of these rules. Disobeying these rules may lead to temporary and/or permanent suspension to the Independence Aquatic Center.
14. Slide Rules are posted on the slide- NOTE: All riders MUST be at least 48 inches tall. Catching at the bottom of the slide is NOT allowed, Only 1 Rider is allowed down the slide at a time. Life-jackets may NOT be worn down the slides.